Well, it's been a damn while!

Hello old friends, I've missed you so!

I've thought about this blog a lot over the past few years. There've been many times I wanted to contribute something, but didn't for a myriad of reasons. This evening I decided to open it up and began to peruse through some old posts. Many were quite painful to read and re-live. What I loved seeing, however, was the support and the kind words you all shared, thanking me for my honesty and candor. Thanking me for letting you know that you were not alone. In turn, I was thankful knowing that I was not going through my journey alone. I was touched to read that you were sharing my entries with friends and family going through similar situations.

My last entry was 4 years ago almost to the day. My children were so young by comparison! So much has changed. We've all grown and matured. Life has been challenging, and there have been many struggles but it has also been good to us. We are lucky and fortunate to have come as far as we have. We are lucky and fortunate to have a roof over our heads. We are an incredibly tight little unit.

I am now 6 years into my divorce. I celebrated my 50th Birthday last year. I have one daughter in college, one son who's entering his senior year in high school and my youngest turns 13 in a few weeks. Life has certainly passed us by at warp speed and I am determined to slow it down and enjoy it the best I can.

Three summers ago I started my own boutique marketing firm. I handle PR, Marketing and Social Media for local businesses and at present I have 7 clients and hope to have 2 more by week's end. I love what I do and I'm so proud of myself for getting this off the ground.

Life still has its ups and downs but I really wouldn't have it any other way. We are all in a good place, and our struggles are fewer and fewer.

I am still single and happily so. I've dated a lot of frogs over the years and not one was good enough to be my Prince Charming. I remain positive that he'll find his way over to the tiny castle in Southport. My ex and I get along for the most-part and parent well for the most-part. We still have our issues, of course.

As a single parent my issues at the moment are managing a small business and my family, managing my health issues - I've been battling chronic pain for 8 years, living with moderate arthritis, degenerative disc disease and 2 herniated discs as a result. Most recently I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I'm navigating through all of this, for the most part, quite successfully.

I look forward to bringing this site back to life... I look forward to sharing challenges and successes and I most look forward to hearing from you again, learning about your lessons learned along the way, successes and and suggestions of topics to write about.


Comments

Reach out to me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Well Loved Notes

Total Pageviews