be grateful, be thankful...


In my old age I've become acutely aware of how everything happens for a reason - as trite as that may sound. As corny as that may sound. Had I not veered off the path down which I was travelling, I would not be where I am today. Had I not climbed up mountains and down valleys, I would not be where I am today. I would be gliding along without really looking and noticing all around me. I was going through the motions, raising my children, running a home and focusing solely on the tasks at hand. I hadn't realized all the beauty that surrounded me. I hadn't thought to look at it all as my attention was on my children. I was happy that way. Or so I thought. Until I wasn't. Until I took a long hard look and realized all that was missing from my life - all that I was missing out of life. That was a turning point. The hardest moments ensued. Days ran into one another and I couldn't tell where one began and the other ended. Divorce wasn't easy. It never is. But fighting for what you want and need isn't easy. Success doesn't happen overnight. It takes hard work and determination. Divorce is a little bit like that.

In the end I got my freedom. I got a second chance and the opportunity for a new beginning. A chance at true happiness. I've been granted the opportunity of a lifetime... to chase my dreams. I'm chasing them now. Like with everything it's what you put into it. My productive days are fruitful and those unproductive days aren't. I must work hard. I must pursue. I must fight. It's not easy. But to see where I've come in just a year makes me happy. I'm not where I want to be, but I am getting there - slowly, steadily and surely. And I know there's a chance I won't make it at all. It's a risk I am willing to take. I can't imagine the regrets I would have if I hadn't even bothered to try. I'd rather try and fail than not try at all.

Do you have a dream? A passion? Is there something that you've always wanted to do or try? What's stopping you?

I'm thankful for the hardships I have endured. They've made me better, stronger and certainly more compassionate. I'm grateful for my mistakes. From them I have learned and grown. I am grateful for my failures. For the more failures I have under my belt the better prepared I will be for my success. I'm grateful for ending up on that wrong path, for I wouldn't have these new amazing opportunities.

We all deserve the chance to be happy and follow our dreams... I'm happy and proud and I'm grateful... and I'm thankful... It's more than just taking a chance but it's about being supported and encouraged and I have the most amazing network of friends and followers and supporters and peers and mentors. And to these incredible people who have taken my hand, led the way, pushed me when I needed it, spoken honestly when I had needed it and praised me when I had needed it, I am grateful. And to these incredible people who see something in me and who sing my praises... I'm grateful to you, I'm thankful for you...

I really have so very much to be thankful for this year!

XO,
Jessica

Comments

Reach out to me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Well Loved Notes

Total Pageviews