Why can't my kids....

I'm thinking of starting a daily "Why can't my kids" post... seriously!



Today's... Why can't my kids put anything in the dishwasher?

Is it that hard?
I know they know where it is. I show them daily. It's next to the sink.It's next to the sink in every single house you've ever lived in, I tell them. They seem to know where that is.
Does anyone have any fixes for this?

I know it may not seem like a big deal but I have 3 kids... 3 meals and snacks... so we're already up to 12 plates - I know, I should be glad that they actually use plates - but they do only when I am looking. I know this for a fact. My FLOORS don't lie!

So now we have 12 plates and cutlery and drinking glasses... Don't get me started on the drinking glasses. I would be grateful if they could keep it to 1 each a day. More like 3+ each a day. Not to mention all the dishes that get used (barring pots and pans) when I prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not to mention all the dishes that get used when someone wants to bake something - like muffins or cookies, or whatever...  So basically by the end of the day my sink is filled and the dishwasher basically needs to get turned on. But I don't save all the dishes to the end of the day. I'm anal like that. I have to have a clean and empty sink. So I have to get up like every 5 minutes to put something else in the dishwasher.

They're good kids. They really are. Always. Usually. Generally. Sometimes. On occasion.
They help set the table and clear the table without me asking with a gentle reminder whenever I yell and scream at them to do so. But they never ever seem to be able to put their dishes in the dishwasher.

They're going out to dinner with their dad tonight. I am elated. Over the moon overjoyed. And do you know what? I'm going to have my dinner on a paper plate to celebrate!

XOXO,

Jessica

Comments

  1. Jessica .. if you figure it out let me ,,,,, no children in our home. But the Mr. seems to not know how to do dishes manually or dishwasher. I'm like you I can't handle dishes in sink dirty or clean. Happy week-end my friend! XO C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Reach out to me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Well Loved Notes

Total Pageviews