Ask, Seek, Knock....


People used to tell me that it never hurts to ask. I'm not really big on asking people for things. It makes me nervous. Uncomfortable. I hate to be in the position to ask people for things... as though it makes me needy or week. I've always felt this way and really I am not sure why. But maybe it has something to do with fear of rejection. Failure. That might have something to do with it, perhaps. We hate to hear no. We hate to hear that we are not good enough or our projects are not good enough. It hurts. I'm sure that's why it's taken me so long to get on my feet. I've wanted to do this all my life, but only now am I starting to take the chances. Only now am I preparing myself for the rejections. And only now am I starting to ask for things. And you know what? I am not seeing those rejections. And people aren't saying no. Everyone it seems, wants to help.

So, maybe it's taken me a little while to get started... maybe I'm taking my time, going at my own comfortable pace but I'm getting there. I'm asking, seeking and knocking... and I do love what I'm finding!

What are you afraid of? Don't let a little fear stop you. Go on, get out there. You'll be happy that you did!

XOXO,

Jessica


Comments

Reach out to me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Well Loved Notes

Total Pageviews