Have a Wonderful Labor Day Weekend

It's never too late
image via, original source unknown



This weekend you must:
1) Do something for yourself
2) Try something new, or go for an adventure
3) Start a new project
4) Finish an old project
5) Make a list of 10 new things you want to try and give yourself a (reasonable) deadline
6) Set a new set of goals for yourself. Write down no less than 1 and no more than 5.
7) Indulge in something you have been wanting to do; treat yourself to an ice cream cone or a pedicure
8) Write down 10 things you like (love) about yourself
9) Do something summery
10) Do something to celebrate autumn

Almost every Monday I write a post called Magnificent Monday, Magnificent My Day over on my other blog, The Entertaining House. Most of us dread Mondays as the day signifies going back to school or the office. Instead of starting our weeks filled with dread and angst, I merely suggest that we make the most of what we've got. Mondays are like mini New Year's Days, if you will. They're a chance for us to start all over again. To put the past behind us. To look for the future for hope and inspiration. To dream a new. To set new goals... Mondays can really be magnificent; it's really all a matter of how you look at them, much the way we choose to look at that glass. Is it half empty or half full? I'm a glass half- full kind of a girl, if you haven't noticed. I believe that no matter how badly my day is going, that tomorrow is a new one. I always set my sights on tomorrow. Yet it's important not to lose sight of today.

From the list above I have:

1) Rented The Descendants which I watched while eating right from the tup of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Both were fantastic!
2) Today I am headed out for an adventure... boating in the Long Island Sound with friends
3) Still thinking of a project to start!
4) Incorporating edits made to my book/novel/memoir before revising yet again. (It's a very long process!)
5) Still working on my list of 10 new things. Among them are:
        - Paddle boarding, before summer is over
        - Horse back riding - It's been about 30 years! Sometime this fall
        - Go to a wine tasting in Litchfield County when the leaves are at peak. Sometime this fall.
        - Go away for a night this fall, someplace I've never been, not too close to home but drive-able.               
6) 1 goal. Finish and hand off the novel before the holiday season.
7) I already indulged for the weekend. The ice cream was plenty!
8) 10 Things I love about myself: (LOL and Ugh!)
       1 - My ability to laugh at myself
       2 - Compassion/Understanding
       3 - Creativity
       4 - Strength
       5 - Silliness - I never take myself or life too seriously
       6 - Generosity
       7 - Honesty
       8 - Integrity
       9 - Ability to always see the silver lining
     10 - My smile!
     (That was hard!)
9) Yesterday I swam in the ocean. I will again today!
10) I'm thinking of baking something with apples.... 

There, I did it and put it all out there for you to see. Now go make your own lists!

XOXO
Jessica

and now I am off to....

.
image via Etsy



Comments

  1. Good Morning dear friend! This is a fabulous post ... and one that was perfect for me to start my day reading!!! merci. Get that novel complete (I too am clicking away on the keyboard -trying to get my complete).

    Great list!!

    Wishing you a fabulous Monday!! xo C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Reach out to me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Well Loved Notes

Total Pageviews