Not all who wander are lost...

One of my favorite quotes <3


I started this blog a few months ago because I wanted a place to write and sort out my feelings and emotions about my journey through divorce. I first came clean on The Entertaining House, but I felt I needed a separate blog. I have received very mixed reviews, especially at the beginning. I had many well-wishers, and so much support from readers who are traveling or have traveled a similar journey. This is what I set out to do. Not to stir up controversy, but to share my experiences and emotions with you... the good, the bad and the ugly. Your kind words meant so much to me. Your mean words, well, not so much! I realize, and have learned this over my journey, that we all handle situations differently. 

We live in different parts of the country; we live in different parts of the world. Our lives vary and our situations vary. Through this journey I have learned not to judge because no matter how much we have and how much we don't have there will always be others who have more than we do and less than we do. It's life. I have learned to make the most of what I have and make the most of my situations. And so I started my blog. Because no matter how stormy the skies may seem, and no matter how alone and scared you may feel, there are, out there, people who care, people who want to help and people who feel just as you do and want to know that they are not all alone.

When I first started to talk about my divorce I was met mostly with undying support, but I had a couple of naysayers - Naysayers who thought I was terribly lost and terribly confused. The truth of the matter is I had never been more sure of myself. Lost I was not. If anything I had finally found myself. I grew stronger and stronger and more secure with myself as a person, woman and mother. I suddenly loved who I was and who I was on the way of becoming.

This blog has not been a journal. I've kept a journal documenting my two year journey toward divorce. My goal was to handle myself with grace and dignity and for the most part I think I did just that. Looking back I am amazed at how well I did... I am amazed that I never once looked back... I am amazed that I did not quit when the going got tough.

I am in the process now of editing those pages. My hope is to publish my memoir to share and inspire. My story is not one of divorce and pain, though certainly those are part of the journey, but it's one of second chances and hope... I'm sharing this because I have no one to keep accountable to and I need to share this so that maybe you'll keep on top of me from time to time and ask me how things are going. That's the hardest thing about working for one's self... at least for me. I need to keep on top of myself all the time. It's hard for me to do. It's hard, as an easily distracted person, to keep focus.

I am a communicator and I want to share my story. I want people to know that there is hope and there is light at the end of the tunnel. I want people not to ever feel alone. And really, if I can do it, anyone can. I've been a quitter all my life. When things got too tough it was easier to back off. This time I didn't and I can't help but share how proud I am of this!

XOXO

Jessica


Comments

  1. Jessica,
    I think you are really brave. If your blog comes up on my reader, I read you first. You are real and honest, and I really respect your positive attitude. Keep writing, I know people are listening. My feeing is we all have choices, and once made, we need to live that choice. I have several friends who live with a husband's infidelity. They complain all the time, but never DO something to make their life happier. You are living your choice to the fullest. Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how hard it must have been to make the choice that you did. I admire your bravery, and your decision to write about it. Can't wait to read the book!

    XOXOXO
    ABC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate the recommendation. Let me try it out.

    Here is my blοg ... Ipad repair Rawang

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Reach out to me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Well Loved Notes

Total Pageviews