one book closes and a new book opens...

Happy little photo:):):)
via
If you love someone set them free... It doesn't mean that they've stopped loving. It just means that they love differently...


Well this is it. This is the beginning and the end. One book closes and another one opens. I'm finally at the end of my incredibly long journey. I've come to the end of my tunnel and the light is shining on me, warming me, beautifully. The future waits just beyond. Her arms are wide open. She's waiting for me. She's waiting to embrace me. Likewise, I eagerly await to embrace her.

As happy and as excited as I am for this day to come, it is certainly a day of mixed emotions.I have been married for a third of my life. It is indeed a long time. Over the past several days my mind has turned into a film reel if you will... It's rewound itself all the way back to the beginning. There were happy days and moments and times. There were days filled with joy and laughter. And the memories of a young family with very young children... these cannot be overlooked and they cannot and will never be forgotten. They are all a part of the rich and wonderful fabric of my life. Nothing in my life has ever been taken for granted. I look back with no regrets. I look back with smiles and tears.

It is sad when a dream dies. It is sad when things don't work out as planned. But we must take our experiences and lessons and mistakes and learn from them and grow from them. They enrich us and they send us forward, toward the future even better and stronger than we've ever been.

For those of you who have followed and supported me on this blog and privately, thank you. The journey was definitely easier with you there.A couple of you have become dear, close friends... you know who you are. You mean the world to me. Thank you!


XOXO



Jessica

Comments

  1. Sharing your fears and triumphs inspire your readers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New dreams can be fun! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you during these recent days wondering how the events are going. Your positive spirit and outlook combined with a realistic look at your past are so fresh and just perfect for this moment. There are dreams ahead to embrace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to the future! Looking forward to following you as you follow your dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your brave new beginning. As Mark Twin said, "Why not go out on a limb. That's where the fruit is." Enjoy the fruits! All the best to you.

    Sincerely,
    a woman who isn't brave enough to do what you did (but wish I was)
    KBM

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're an inspiration! I can't wait to see what the future holds for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been catching up on your blog and a certain song by Mary Chapin Carpenter keeps coming to mind. I'm not sure what your musical taste is, but this song really tells a story. I'm going to cut and paste the lyrics here:

    She makes his coffee, she makes his bed
    She does the laundry, she keeps him fed
    When she was twenty-one she wore her mother's lace
    She said "forever" with a smile upon her face

    She does the car-pool, she PTAs
    Doctors and dentists, she drives all day
    When she was twenty-nine she delivered number three
    And every Christmas card showed a perfect family

    Everything runs right on time, years of practice and design
    Spit and polish till it shines. He thinks he'll keep her
    Everything is so benign, safest place you'll ever find
    God forbid you change your mind. He thinks he'll keep her

    She packs his suitcase, she sits and waits
    With no expression upon her face
    When she was thirty-six she met him at their door
    She said I'm sorry, I don't love you anymore

    Everything runs right on time, years of practice and design
    Spit and polish till it shines. He thinks he'll keep her
    Everything is so benign, safest place you'll ever find
    God forbid you change your mind. He thinks he'll keep her

    For fifteen years she had a job and not one raise in pay
    Now she's in the typing pool at minimum wage

    Everything runs right on time, years of practice and design
    Spit and polish till it shines. He thinks he'll keep her
    Everything is so benign, safest place you'll ever find
    At least until you change your mind. He thinks he'll keep her

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh CeCe,
    I loved MCC when I was newly out of college... I had to go to Youtube to watch the video!

    xoxo Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Reach out to me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Well Loved Notes

Total Pageviews