What do you believe?

love this quote


These are mine -- 
Hope…
Grace…
Faith…
Strength…
Determination…
Perseverance…
Believe...

I tend to fall more than most do. I tend to bruise more often and more easily. Over the past couple of years I have changed and grown and come out of my shell. I have started to live and breathe and truly feel the life around me. Now I tend to be the first to want to climb that mountain, dive into the ocean, run through the valleys... I put myself out there. I take chances. I live my life to the fullest extent I possibly can. I am often filled with trepidation, and fear. I am a worrier. I worry far too much about both the large and the small. I cannot not sweat the small stuff, though I am trying hard not to do so. It's all a part of the overall picture - both the large and the small. I have learned to take chances and to put myself out there. Often these moments are rewarding, and exhilarating.And often they are not. Often the outcome is sorrow, disbelief and heartbreak. I am emotional and sensitive. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I am open and honest, as you have seen here, almost to a fault. I don't believe in hiding behind self created walls or pretenses. You will always see me for what and who I am. You may like me or you may not, but I am real and I won't change that. While I seek solace and solitude from being alone I despise being lonely. It scares me. I love to surround myself with people who make me laugh and smile. I love a good and meaningful conversation. And because I expose myself so, and because I am the first to try something new, to take a chance, to experiment and to throw caution to the wind I am the first to fall. Some landings are soft and others are not. Regardless of the fall I have learned one thing... I always bounce back. I wipe the tears and I get back on my feet with the same Hope, Grace, Faith, Determination and Perseverance that have so greatly shaped and influenced me over the past two years. 

We can choose our paths. We can choose whether we want to tread lightly across them or run full speed ahead. But in the end it's up to fate, destiny... or God's will... In the end it's not up to us at all. We can be accepting of what we've been given and what we have. We can use our gifts and bring them with us on future journeys. We can take our lessons and learn from them. We can take our experiences and grow from them... We shouldn't look back with anger or with angst. We should have no regrets. We should remember fondly all that has come our way and we should smile at those moments, those memories and the people who shared them with us. 

As I sit and compose this my life as I know it right now is in flux. In less than a week I will be divorced. I will need a new home. My life as I know it will have completely changed. I will be a new person. I do not know what tomorrow brings. Or the many tomorrows that lie ahead of me. I do know this, I still have so much to sort out and sort through. My new future awaits with open and welcoming arms. In less than a week I will fly into her arms.

I Believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that people come into our lives with a purpose, I believe that life is huge and wonderful and exhilarating. I believe in the power of positive thinking and I believe that good things do come to all those who wait...

What are your words... what do you Believe?


XOXO

Jessica
For more visit me at my other site The Entertaining House

Comments

  1. I believe that when life throws us curve balls, they are opportunities to grow...when a door closes a window (or another door) opens...when we are broken up by sadness and loss we feel the joyous moments doubly and we see the colors of the flowers a little brighter...that sometimes courage is shown in something as simple as asking for a second chance...that there may no longer be magic in a bandaid but there's still lots in a friend's (or mom's) hug...that learning to be real and vulnerable is one of the scariest but most amazing journeys I have ever been on...that if we truly believe that all will be well, that the universe is benevolent than good things will come our way...and that if each morning I start with a statement of gratitude surely the day will provide me with wonder.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Reach out to me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Well Loved Notes

Total Pageviews