Amid Life...

I really wanted to launch this blog a year ago. I wanted a place where I could share my thoughts and experiences open and freely but worried that doing so would cause more harm and hurt than good. I held back for a long time and recently shared with you the events that are unfolding around me. It is not my intention to be hurtful, negative or spiteful and I have tried my hardest to handle myself with dignity and grace. In the end, I hope this is my greatest accomplishment.

I have decided that the time to launch Amid Life is now. 

I chose the title carefully and with much thought and purpose. We all have obstacles and hurdles in our journeys. They may or may not be similar, but our stories of loss and hardship... our stories of hope and promise often resonate, inspire and encourage. And that is what this is meant to be. This blog will chronicle my new journey - my journey of loss, change, hope and regrowth. 

Things happen in life that we have no control over. As I find myself at mid life, I also find myself starting a new life all over again. I know this will be, at times, hard but I also know that there will be sunlight and joy. There will be tears and there will be laughter. I embrace them both.

These are my thoughts and my thoughts alone. I have a voice and I want it to be heard. As with every story, there are two sides. This is my version. You may not agree with what I say and you may not agree with what I have to say. All I ask is that you respect my voice.

For those of you who have followed my stories over at The Entertaining House, I am completely blown away by the love, warmth and support you have shown me over these past few months. From those of you who have traveled paths similar to mine, to those of you with friends who are, to those of you who are contemplating so yourselves... I have read and savored every kind word and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Your love, support, encouragement and prayers have not gone unnoticed. I may not be able to thank you all in person at the moment, but please know how grateful I am to you all.

And so here we are ... Amid Life.

Love,

Jessica

Comments

  1. Bravo, Jessica. The best is yet to come for you, I'm sure of it! Bon courage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I'm your first follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Jessica,
    I think talking about your divorce journey is a really good thing. Not just for you personally but for your readers as well. I got divorced last March. It was the most difficult decision of my life. And, deeply painful for both of us. No matter what happens, it's the end of a dream and no one can really say how it will all go. I did not write about it on my blog, in fact... I did not blog much at all. I cried for most of the summer! Eric and I are still wonderful friends. He has just moved back-in for 6 weeks to take care of me after foot surgery. We know we will not get back together {as many have suggested} but we also know how perfectly relaxed we still are together as a family unit. We are grateful, indeed. Sometimes, a renewed sense of respect can come out of a divorce that is given proper attention from both sides. It's not a war. It's two lives moving on but perhaps, in different directions. I would like to add that the book "When Things Fall Apart" written by Buddhist, Pema Chodron was enormously helpful to me throughout these post-divorce months. It helped me learn to relax within the groundlessness of the situation. As someone who has set mini-goals throughout my life, to accept groundlessness was a worthwhile challenge. In Tibetan, there is an expression "Ye tang che" meaning "totally tired out"- rather than suffering an experience of complete hopelessness, this expression sheds light on "beginning of the beginning." By not giving up hope, we realize there is something better to be, and someone better to become. I wish you well along this journey and I salute you Jessica. I am here if you need to chat about any of it. Thinking of you Amid Life. Love, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jessica,
    I wish you peace during this time. The pain of loss is unbearable at times. I would assume, it doesn't matter what the cause. You and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you the best during this next Act of your life.
    xo
    @cspod

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess, you are so honest and I wish you nothing but the best!

    If you ever need a place to escape to for a break, let me know - no questions asked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica,

    I have been following you all over the internet and will continue to do so. I love reading all of your blogs and find much inspiration in your words. Keep it up!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see your new blog. I think it is very brave of you to share your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Version 2.0 of ourself and life can be scary to create, but with faith and a little prayer we will get there. You are a wonderful inspiration to all who are facing life transitions (whether by choice or surprise, it's never easy). Yes, my friend you are also doing it with love, respect, grace and elegance!!

    I know its difficult to open up about the challenges of transition ... but to do it with honesty is courageous and it WILL help others, feeling that they are alone in this. You go girl!! xo Blessings, HHL

    ReplyDelete
  10. You GO! I'm so proud of you! I have been thinking of doing a different blog too, for this reason. However, my SIL and MIL, as evil as they are, read my blog still and try to leave harsh comments. I have since blocked "anonymous" comments, but I know if I make a new blog, in order for my readers to find it, I would have to make it pubic, and they would find it. They have tried to get my blog taken off all together through his attorney. It breaks my heart, I can't always post what I want to, knowing they will know where I am, what I'm doing, who I'm dating. How did you do this? I'm so proud of you and so happy for you. You are going places, my friend, you are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look forward to reading your new blog. It's good to have a place to share you thoughts and it seems like you're among friends here. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea, and lovely new blog! Wishing you nothing but the best - you are a strong woman and will come out of this on top!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to reading about your new adventures amid life. xo, T

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mid-life can be a tough place to be and as is said "is not for sissies." I wish when I was younger someone would have told me what to expect especially at how my body has changed - the reading glasses, the popping knee, the wonderment of 'what now' thoughts, etc. but I wouldn't have believed them. I haven't blog hopped over to you in a while and had no idea you were experiencing such a life change. I am truly sorry to read about your divorce, for everyone in your family. I think writing it all out will save you but you've already figured that out. You'll be just fine. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marilyn... thank you for your kind words. The popping knee is midlife too? Say it ain't so!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Reach out to me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Well Loved Notes

Total Pageviews