How my divorce made me a better person...



None of us ever imagine ourselves in this situation and yet here we are. We can't go back. We can look back from where we came. We can be happy. We can be sad. We can reminisce. We have fond memories and sad moments and these all define us. All of our experiences define who we are today and who we are still to become. I can say with absolute certainty that divorce has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Of course I still wish it hadn't caused 4 other people pain and if I could have prevented that I would have. But I daresay that we have all come out ahead. This is not to say that our lives have become easier - they haven't at all but I do believe that our lives have more meaning. My children are learning and growing and thriving. They know that good things aren't handed out to us on silver platters and we all must work hard in order to achieve success. My children have wants but they have no needs. Children should have wants. Not enough do these days as they're given everything. I want my children to understand the value of a dollar and the benefits of hard work. Strong work ethics, I believe, are more important than good grades. My children are learning that you can't give up. I think they're learning as they watch me - as they watch me try to get my footing and find my own balance. They watch as I do the best I can to be the best parent I can be. They know their needs are put ahead of my own and they know I have their best interest in mind. They know that with absolute certainty. They see me struggle. They know that we have to watch our spending and make decisions wisely. I talk to them openly about finances and debt (I have none) and how you must pay your bills first and then choose how best to spend what's leftover... if anything is leftover. They know that credit cards are bad and that saving up for what you want is good. They didn't know any of this before the divorce.

As for me I have learned not to sweat the small stuff. So what if the kids haven't made their beds today? I have learned that somehow everything will fall into place as it's meant to. I have learned that deadlines get met, lunches get made and kids get to school. I have learned that chores get done and it's not the end of the world if dishes get left in the sink overnight. I have learned that I cannot do it all. I have learned not to say yes unless I can commit myself and unless I really want to. I've become a much better listener. I think that has made me a better mother, friend, communicator and a better writer. I have learned not to give up. I have learned to rely on myself and that yes I can do it. I have learned that confidence is a powerful thing and I have learned to wear mine proudly. I have learned that my dreams, ambitions and desires are neither worthless or a waste of time and that I should go for them. I have learned that I do have a say in the matter. I have learned that I am talented. I have learned to be patient. I have learned that I am incredibly accepting and tolerant. I have learned that I am good and kind and smart and funny. I have learned that I am ambitious. I have learned to take a chance. I have learned to stare fear in the face. I have learned to step outside of my comfort zone. I have learned to fight my own battles and to stick up for myself. I have learned that I have so much to offer. I have learned that I do have strength and I do have willpower. I have learned to push myself... hard. I have learned to take a chance. I am quite certain that all these traits were stifled in my marriage and I needed to regain my independence to find myself again.

So my hope for you all is not to get divorced or go out and live on  your own- but to be prepared for such. A spouse could die, or lose his job... and alas divorce can and does happen. Make sure that you don't lose yourself in your marriage... in your role as mother and as wife. It's so important that we retain our sense of self. Follow those passions and dreams. Pick up a new skill. And educate yourself - I do not mean in the sense of schooling, though that is important as well, but educate yourself in terms of running a home. I'm not saying that you ought to go out and get a job instead of staying home to raise your children, but I am saying that you should hone in on one of your talents and turn it into a skill - a marketable skill. None of us who are single ever expected to be and you shouldn't either but you should know where things stand - your finances what bills there are and what's due. You should know who to call in case of emergency - who handles, house and lawn maintenance. You should know about insurance policies and stocks and other investments. You should have some idea how much money comes into and out of the home each month. You should know how to use a few basic tools and fix a few basic things around the home. Surprisingly there is not much I can't do. I was, for so many years, led to believe that I couldn't or what I was doing was wrong. And maybe I am doing it wrong, but I'm getting the right results!

Jessica

Comments

  1. So agree Jess! Divorce for me was all about taking control of my life for the first time. I've stumbled here and there put for the most part am walking steady. I've even taken some carpentry classes at a local Home Improvement store to do most of my own repairs. It's a journey to be sure. Do I miss being married? Yes, at times. Would I go back? No.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo - I can't tell you how many women I have talked to that have said the same thing... interesting ...

      Delete
  2. I understand how hard it is to deal with divorce, but I’m glad to hear people like you who survived the darkest path of their lives. I know we can readily think of the negative effects of divorce, but it’s best to be optimistic. You have another chance to explore your capabilities, learn new skills, and enjoy your freedom. If you think you can’t do it on your own, you can get help from professionals. :)

    Sherrill Cameron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherrill -
      We have the choice to be happy or to dwell on negativity. I choose happiness!

      Delete
  3. I really admire you for keeping your ground after going through with it. Just like what Sherrill said, having a positive attitude can help in keeping balanced.

    Lynette Mcguire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynette! It's not always easy but I do try!

      Delete
  4. We certainly can imagine. There's something about those harsh and bitter paths that forge our being by making us more tough. The only thing we really had to ensure is that we are compensated, and that we get what is due us at all times. Most especially in complicated arrangements such as in a divorce. Anyway, keep your head up and take care!

    Howard Kurtz @ Kurtz & Blum, PLLC

    ReplyDelete
  5. robinsonbuckler@yahoo. com is a wonderful spell caster. Very trustworthy, My husband cheated on me for Almost for three years. he ignore me for several months and left me with nothing, but i am happy today that Robinson brought my husband back, I am so happy, Now my husband is all mine again. I can now say I'm happy again. Great spell from Robinson buckler, Robinson is genuine. I truly believe in him and his spells. he is a professional. I really enjoyed the result which i got, his love spell is marvelous, he is truly gifted, his love spell has brought me happiness, I am extremely pleased, it worked out to my test, he has the most powerful love spell, I recommend his love spell to anyone who is ready to get his or her lover back

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't really believe that i am with my Ex-Husband after when he broke up with me with 4 kids i thank Dr EDOSA of (edosaspelltemple@gmail.com) for helping me getting back my man back, My Name is Jazmin Perez i am from England and my man name is Mr Perez Cole, my happiness turn to bitterness,my joy turn to sorrow,my love turn to hate when my husband broke up with me last week,i was so frustrated and i could not know what next to do again, i was so unthinkable and i could not concentrate any more, i love my husband so much but he was cheating on me with another woman and this makes him broke up with me so that he can be able to get marry to the other lady and this lady i think cast a spell on my husband to make him hate me and my kids and this was so critical and uncalled-for,I cry all day and night for God to send me a helped to get back my man until i went to Westmoreland to see a friend and who was having the same problem with me but she latter got her Husband back and i asked her how she was able to get her husband back and she told me that their was a powerful spell caster in Africa name DR EDOSA that her help with love spell in getting back lost lover's back and i decided to contacted the same Dr EDOSA and he told me what is needed to be done for me to have my man back and i did it although i doubted it but i did it and the Dr told me that i will get the result after 24hours, and he told me that my husband was going to call me by 9pm in my time and i still doubted his word, to my surprise my husband really called me and told me that he miss me so much Oh My God i was so happy, and today i am happily with my man again and we are joyfully living together as one good family and i thank the powerful spell caster Dr EDOSA of (edosaspelltemple@gmail.com), he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that good spell casters still exist and Dr EDOSA is one of the good spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are there and your lover is turning you down, or you have your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore contact the powerful spell caster Dr EDOSA on his email: (edosaspelltemple@gmail.com) and he will answer you, i am a living testimony and i will continue to testify of his goodness in my family,he turn my family to paradise and today we are all happy together Dr EDOSA i say thank you in one million times thanks Dr...

    ReplyDelete


  7. have never seen a wonderful Doctor like Doctor okosun. He is a man of his word and the solution of all kind of problems, i call him the physical God on earth because of what he has done for me with his powerful spell. I was married for seventeen years without any child but when i contacted Doctor okosun for help,he promised me that all will be well with me and my wife then he cast a spell for me and i am so please to tell the world that my wife got pregnant after sex and today she gave birth to triplet. What else can i say than to say thank you to Doctor okosun the man that has wipe my tears.D o you need help then Contact Doctor okosun today via mail: okosunspelltemple5@gmail.com or call +2347050254535

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing testimony on a spell caster who brought my wife back to me.. My
    name is Micheal smith i live in Australia,and I`m happily married to a
    lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my
    family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took
    the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with
    me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house
    and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my
    possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and
    she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see
    me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old
    friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so
    she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell
    caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in
    spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me
    the email address of the spell caster whom she
    visited.{wisdomspiritualtemple@gmail.com}. So the next morning,i sent a mail to
    the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get
    my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so
    he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next
    morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven
    {5}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!!
    So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and
    she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my
    children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it
    were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there
    to kindly visit the same website {wisdomspiritualtemple@gmail.com},if you are in
    any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your
    ex back. So thanks to the wisdomspiritualtemple@gmail.com for bringing back my wife,and
    brought great joy to my family once again.{wisdomspiritualtemple@gmail.com}
    Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  9. With the help of Priest Onome of priestonomeherbaltemple@outlook.com i was able to get my ex boyfriend back and get pregnant for him. I'm really glad with the love binding spell he did for me, he brought my ex back within the period of 48hours, what I'm trying to say is that Priest onome is real and is guarantee to save your relationship just as he save and restored mine and also make me pregnant after me and my boy friend are now together because it was the pregnant issue that make him to send me parking , in case you want him to help you, you can contact him on +2347060458342 or email him on his email address: priestonomeherbaltemple@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete


  10. my name Richy Walters i want to thank Dr opia who helped me bring back my wife who was filling for divorce and a friend of mine who the great doctor helped advice me to meet him which i did and i did all what he say i should and today am happy that am testifying there are scammers all over the internet looking for somebody money to take away contact him if doubting it this is my email address (Richy.walters@yahoo.com) and i want you to contact him on his personal email address (whitetraditionalherbalist@gmail.com)and he is specialize in other spell too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Reach out to me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Well Loved Notes

Total Pageviews